TX PARENT TAUGHT DRIVERS ED + PERMIT TEST
STATE-APPROVED PARENT TAUGHT DRIVERS ED (PTDE) + DPS PERMIT TEST
All first-time drivers in Texas under the age of 18 are required to complete a state-approved (License #C3042) 32-hour Driver Education Course to apply for a Texas Learner Permit and Driver License. Our course is state-approved and can be taken 100% online without any hassles.
ABOUT THIS COURSE:
- This course has been fully approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. (License #C3042)
- This course includes the DPS Permit Test so that you can skip the test at the DPS. We give you an unlimited number of attempts to pass the test.
- This course is 100% online and can be completed from your mobile device or computer. There is no need to download additional software or mobile apps.
- We provide a 100% money-back guarantee. If you request a refund within 30 days of purchase and before receiving your Texas Driver Education Certificate (DE-964), we will refund your money, no questions asked.
- You can sign in and sign out whenever you want and we track your progress so that when you return you can start where you left off.
- All certificates are instantly downloadable. There is no need to pay or wait for certificates to be shipped.
- Includes the required 14-hour and 30-hour driving logs at no additional cost
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- This is the Parent Taught Course (PTDE). A qualified parent or legal guardian is required to serve as the instructor of the behind-the-wheel portion of the course.
- You must be between the ages of 14 and 17 years old to take this course.
- You must be at least 15 years old before you can visit your local DPS and apply for your Learner Permit.
- After completing Module 1 of this course, you can take your DPS Exam for your Learner Permit right from our course and you will be eligible to apply for your Learner Permit.
- You can be eligible to apply for your Texas Driver License when you turn 16 and have held a learner permit for at least 6 months. Please see the following section for more details on what is required.
HOW TO GET YOUR DRIVER LICENSE:
- Sign up for our Parent Taught Course today.
- Complete Module 1 (6 hours) of the course (100% online) and download your DE-964 for Learner License.
- Go to your local DPS office and get your Learner License.
- Begin your 14 Instruction and Observation hours with your parent instructor (detailed instructions provided in the course)
- Complete Modules 2-12 of the course (100% online) and download your DE-964 for Driver License.
- Complete your 30 hours of Behind-The-Wheel Practice.
- Return to the DPS and get your Driver License.
FUN TO WATCH–EASY TO LEARN
Our Texas Driver Education Course is designed to help you get your Texas Learner Permit fast and easy. By combining easy-to-learn text lessons with engaging animations, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you’ll comprehend our course material. Our course is also divided into concise one-subject chapters so you’re able to concentrate on learning one subject at a time.
- TDLR Approved Parent Taught Course Provider; License #C3042
- Is this course state-authorized?
- Are there any other hidden fees?
- How old do I have to be to take this course?
- How long is this course?
- Who can be an instructor for this course?
- What could disqualify one as a Parent-Taught instructor?
- How do I receive my Certificate of Completion?
- How can I apply for a Hardship License?
- What is required to get a Price-Match?
Yes. This course is approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.
- License #C3042.
We charge NO additional fees for our course. However, you will be required to purchase a Request for Parent Taught Driver Education Instructor Designation Service Application from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). TDLR charges $20 for this application, which must be purchased before the Parent-Taught Program Guide will be sent to the qualifying parent instructor. Click here to view TDLR's instructions for parents.
You can click the link above to be redirected to TDLR's website. We also provide a link to purchase the application from within our course. In either case, the $20 is not paid to us and no online course provider is authorized to provide this document - you must obtain this from TDLR and your payment goes directly to this government agency. Among other things, this guide contains official state forms and training logs that will need to be filled out while administering the Parent Taught program.
In addition, the Department of Public Safety (DPS) charges a fee before issuing a learner permit and driver's license. Click here to view detailed fee information on the DPS website. As with the designation service application mentioned above, these fees cannot be bundled into the course price, they must be paid directly to DPS at the time the license application is submitted.
The following persons may instruct the Parent Taught program:
- Foster Parent
- Legal guardian
Additionally, a parent, legal guardian, or a judge of a court with jurisdiction over the student can designate a person to instruct the course who meet the following requirements:
- Is at least 25 years old;
- Does not charge a fee for conducting the course; and
- Has at least seven years of driving experience
The following conditions prevent a person from serving as an instructor:
- Convicted of Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) in the past seven years.
- Criminal negligent homicide, even probated.
- Six or more points on your driving record.
- Your license has been suspended, forfeited, or revoked in the last three years.
For more details, please click here to see the information provided by TDLR regarding parent instructor requirements.
Found this same course from another authorized provider? We'll match the price, plus give you an additional 25% off! Just send an email to email@example.com, or contact us via our website chat and provide a link to the webpage where we can find the course advertised at a lower price. Once confirmed, we'll provide instructions on how to buy our course at the discounted price.
To obtain the additional 25% discount: the course must have the same key features that are included with our course. These features include the ability to access the course online from any device, as well as the inclusion of downloadable DE-964 certificates. Downloadable versions of the entire Parent-Taught course in a printable or digital format would not be eligible for the additional 25% discount.
Money back guarantee
We are so confident that you will be 100% satisfied that we guarantee it or your money back.
No hidden cost
We only advertise our actual bottom line cost. What you see is what you get.
Other schools charge additional fees to provide a certificate of completion we provide it for free.
Price Match Promise
Find a better deal? Just send us a message with information about the advertised price and we'll give you a discount.
The best of the best, of the best.... etc
Ok.... You get the point
Fast and Easy
By combining easy-to-learn text lessons with entertaining videos, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you’ll comprehend our course material.
Sign in and sign out whenever you want. No classrooms and no pressure to finish. We track your progress so you don't have to.
Need help? No worries, just give us a call or send an email and our customer service team will be there to help.
With our mobile optimized learning environment you can learn on the go. Anywhere you have an internet connection, from any device.
All of our courses include interactive quizzes to test your knowledge and ensure you comprehend what you are learning.
Our course is also divided into concise one-subject chapters so you’re able to concentrate on learning one subject at a time.